mercoledì 4 novembre 2015

Make Up Forever Ultra HD Foundation (review and swatches)

Hello my dears, 

It's autumn here in Italy and for me it's the perfect season to test new foundation formulas when my skin starts to become dry.
I love autumn also because it's dark lipstick season...but that's another story (and article) :)

Few weeks ago, i used Sephora 20% discount code and i finally bought the Make Up Forever Ultra HD Foundation. I wanted to give it a try after reading so many good reviews. Everyone is raving about it especially after Make Up Forever released the new Ultra Hd Formula.

The company says: "Ultra HD Foundation is an oil-free medium-to-full coverage liquid foundation which covers skin imperfections, while remaining invisible on-screen and in real life. It is available in a wide range of shades to suit all skin tones" "Ultra HD Foundation had to meet the perfection needs of pros as well as the everyday needs of all women."—Dany Sanz, MAKE UP FOR EVER Founder and Creative Director


Say hello to Mr. Bunny :-)

The MUFE Ultra HD Foundation is designed for 4K technology that is the next generation of digital devices that display images with incredible clarity, color and resolution. So what you can ask more when you want to take perfect selfies? :-P

MUFE Ultra Hd Foundation Y245

Shade: I picked the colour Y245 (the regular Hd is 120) perfect for light skin with yellow undertones. I tried it in the store before buying it because for a high end product like this (it's almost 40 euros) getting the wrong colour will be a waste of money. As you see from the picture, i choose the perfect match...hurrayyyy!! :D


Consistency: it has a medium consistency, not liquidy but a bit on the thick side. I have a strange combination skin, it's dry in winter and oily in summer (in the T zone) and i feel that this formula is confortable and hydrating.


Application: I prefer applying it with my finger like a moisturizer because i feel  it blends better into the skin. Sometimes I use a buffing brush at the end to even out everything. You have to be careful with the amount of foundation you use, one pump it's enough. When i apply two pumps the "invisible effect" MUFE claims becomes "oh my God your foundation is sooo visible!". So i suggest you to start with one pump and add a bit in the areas where you need more coverage.


MUFE Ultra Hd Foundation Y245, Blended

Finish: Your face doesn't look flat but it's a perfect balance between matte and dewy. You might need to mattify the T zone area if you have oily skin but when the foundation dries i love the smooth flawless finish it gives. I touch my face a lot during the day, especially the chin, so i noticed a little little little bit of transfer on my fingers, but that doesn't affect the duration...when i look myself in the mirror the foundation is still at his place 
:-P


As you can tell from the picture of my face it looks pretty good when first applied. In the picture i didn't fixed it with powder because my pores will become visible, so i tend to avoid this effect unless my skin starts turning oily at the end of the day.



Staying power: Normally i wear foundation from 8 in the morning until 7 in the evening and this foundation starts to crease at 5, so it has a pretty decent staying power. 
If i have to go to the gym after work i just fix the oily areas with powder and i'm ready to go. It resists also to sweat ( i wore it during 2 hours of belly dance session and it didn't melt....miracle of miracles!!!).

Well, i have been using it a lot lately so here is the picture of my every day look using Makeup Forever Ultra Hd Foundation.


MUFE Ultra Hd Foundation; Lips: Bourjois Rouge edition Velvet Lipstick in Nude-ist;
Eyes: Too Faced Perfect Eyes Waterproof gel eyeliner; Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara

Will I repurchase? Maybe yes, maybe no. I have so many foundations to finish (or to open) that i don't think that's my favourite (soon i will let you know my recent beloved one). I think this foundation gives his best according to the method of application and i am still experimenting. 



Have you tried it? What do you think about it? Any suggestion?

Have a great day :)


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento