giovedì 5 novembre 2015

Nyx Intense Butter glosses (Chocolate Crepe, Toasted Marshmallow)

Hello my dears,

i love autumn, but i hate cold days, does it make any sense? Yes it does! The cold makes my lips become sooo dry that any kind of scrub or lip balm is almost useless and i have to give up on matte lipsticks for a while :(  So i started to wear glosses.
In particular i'm loving Nyx glosses, both Butter glosses and Intense Butter glosses.
For this season i prefer darker mauvy, nude, brownish colors so Nyx Intense Butter glosses in Chocolate Crepe and in Toasted Marshmallow are my favourite.

Unfortunately the Italian website of Nyx is still not active so i bought them on the website Maquillalia. I was so happy when last month they introduced Nyx to their wide range of products. I also found out that the first Nyx Store will open in Milan on December...I'm planning a huge Nyx Haul and my wallet is already crying :-P

But let's talk about these two babies i'm in love with.
Mr. Bunny loves makeup!

Nyx claims that Intense Butter glosses are a most saturated version of the original Butter glosses. I agree 100%, in one swipe you reach immediatly full coverage and color intensity. The smell is a treat, both Toasted Marshmallow and Chocolate Crepe have a chocolaty scent that made my boyfriend say "mmmm chocolate!!" ... i let him smell it from the applicator to see what scent he was able to recognize :).

Colors:
Toasted Marshmallow is a mauvy plum
Chocolate Crepe is a medium brown with a hint of red.

Sometimes i use them over matte lipsticks or lip liners to lighten or darken the color and to let my lips look plumper.

Nyx Intense Butter glosses. Left: Chocolate Crepe; Right: Toasted Marshmallow
Application: They have the same sponge tipped wand applicator of the original Nyx Butter glosses. It's flexible, very precise and soft on the lips. The consistency of the gloss is thick and a bit sticky but not to a way that bothers me, actually it's confortable and smooth.
When i first applied this gloss i put too much and in 30 second it melted outside the lines of my lips making me look like a clown. I suggest you to apply a little amount on your lips with the applicator and then blend it with your fingers to spread the color homogeneusly.
I love to wear a lip liner below to let the gloss adhere better to the lips and let the color stand out more.
They don't emphasize any dry patches but actually make my lips look perfect and polished.

Toasted Marshmallow with Kiko Intensely Lavish Lip pencil 02 Pretty Mauve (direct light)


Chocolate Crepe (no light)

Staying power: they are quite long wearing for beeing glosses. The colour is shiny and full for almost 3 hours (without eating or drinking) and then it gradually disappear leaving a hint of color on the lips. In the picture below i removed the gloss with a wet napkin and you can still see the stain.

Nyx Intense Butter glosses stain

Will I repurchase? Of course i will!!! I love the formulation, they make my lips look plumper and they smell like sweets, chocolate and candy. I can't wait to go to the actual store to buy more colors.
I'm so curious to try Nyx Suede Cream Lipstick in Soft Spoken.


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento