giovedì 28 gennaio 2016

Marc Jacobs Re(Marc)Able Foundation: Swatches and Review

I have been using Marc Jacobs Re(Marc)Able foundation from one month now and i'm ready to give you my thoughts about it.
It's a pretty expensive foundation, i know, but I bought it when there was the 20% discount at Sephora. I was so curious to try it because it seemed to be the holy grail foundation of a lot of beauty bloggers and youtubers so i decided to test it myself.


On Marc Jacobs website you read "Instant Results. All-Day Weightless Finish. Beyond Full Coverage.The weight is over: 24-hour full, flawless coverage is yours in an instant with this ultra-lightweight foundation concentrate. This revolutionary oil-free formula contains twice as much pigment as a leading full-coverage foundation, but it is emulsified with groundbreaking ingredients so the smallest amount completely covers with dot-on perfection."

I partially agree: it's a medium to a full coverage foundation, with just une little dot you reach an amazing coverage. That's the most pigmented foundation i have ever tried (and i have tried a lot). It really covers every single redness or discoloration with a tiny little amount of product. But it has some downsides and for sure it doesn't last 24h!!
I really love the packaging! It comes in a heavy frosted glass bottle so sophisticated and classy like every Marc Jacobs product. 

Shade: I got the shade "32 Beige Light" under the suggestion of the Sephora shop assistant although i thought it was too dark for me, but here in Italy there are only few shades available and the shade lighter than 32 was "26 Bisque Medium" that was way too light for me. Luckily shade 32 is not too dark and i can make it work blending it well and highlighting the right zones.

Consistency: It is supposed to be smooth and weightless feeling on the skin but not for me!! I feel it so much on my skin (even if i put just a little) that sometimes i can't wait to take it off! It's like it never dries and sets even if i use some powder on top: every time i touch my face i feel it greasy (and i have normal to dry skin)... unfortunately it's not transfer proof.
Application: The applicator is a glass dropper, i find it unhygenic but it helps the application. On the instructions it is recommended to put four dots (forehead, cheeks and chin) and then buff it with a brush (obviously Marc Jacobs recommend his "The Face III" buffing foundation brush, that i don't have) . I tried with the beauty blender but the final effect was too greasy and shiny. I prefer to buff it with Zoeva 124- Grand Stippling Face Brush to reach a flawless and more natural finish. You don't never, ever try to exagerate with the amount of foundation or your face will turn into an olily shiny ball!
Finish: It is supposed to have a matte finish but i think it gives me some glow. It is suggested for people with oily skin but i have normal to dry skin and after a while makes me look shiny so i don't know if it's ideal for those with very oily skin. It also depends on how much product you use, you don't have to exceed. If you put the right amount (four tiny dots) it will work good.

Marc Jacobs Re(Marc)Able foundation First applied
Marc Jacobs Re(Marc)Able foundation First applied
Staying Power: i am so disappointed from the longevity of this foundation. It looks amazing for the first two or three hours and then it starts to fade on the nose and cheeks looking soooo patchy. It's like it melts and starts to look greasy. It also clings to my pores emphasizing them a lot! You can see it from the pictures below....It's awful! Even if i try to fix it with a powder the situation doesn't get any better. It's definetly not so longlasting, even with a primer underneath. 
Marc Jacobs Re(Marc)Able foundation After 3 hours and half , you can see my pores starts to appear
Marc Jacobs Re(Marc)Able foundation After 5 hours, you can see my pores extremely visible. (This picture is not for fainthearted)
After 5 hours. From far away is not so bad but you can notice
that the part in direct light is greasy and the pores are visible.

Will i repurchase? I don't think so, it's too expensive for my budget and it doesn't give me the effect i expected. I have i hate love relationship with this foundation, when first applied i love the flawless effect it gives to my skin but after few hours my pores are so visible that i can't wait to remove it.

Bye dears! 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento